Thursday, November 11, 2010

My New (Old) Project

When I turned 31 in September I made a secret list of tasks that I wanted to accomplish before I turned 32. A quilt was not on that list. I had all these grand ideas of small home improvement projects that I wanted to complete, most of them before the baby came. Well life is changing and I'm adapting my list. My new task is going to be to finish this quilt that I started 6 years ago. I finished 3 of 36 18 in. blocks 6 years ago and then tucked the project away and sort of forgot about it. Well now I'm back on the case, I have nothing but time and I'm going to do it! So far I have not completed any blocks- but don't be discouraged, I needed Mama Rice to show me some of the stitches I forgot and I plan on cranking them out now. So 3 down, 33 more to go. And the double bonus is if I stick my finger with the needle I can just use that drop of blood to check my blood sugar:) I'll keep you posted on my progress there is a quilt block counter on the right side of blog.
Oh yeah, Peanut Sugar is behaving these days. I can't believe it's only 9 weeks until my due date and since I'm not likely to make it until then that means we'll be having a baby in less than 9 weeks. I'm excited, can't wait to meet this little dude!

No comments: