Monday, November 8, 2010

Another day....

Well I'm losing track of days already, I think it must only be day 5 or so of bedrest and I'm ready to be done with it. I think Sunday was particularly hard for many reasons. Shawn and Lydia were home all day which was fine except Lydia doesn't understand/care that I need to lay down almost all day so I she kept asking me to play with her and hold her ect... and it is really hard for me to say "no" because I WANT to play with her. It kills me. It's not like I can tell a 3 yr old to hold still and play with me on the sofa, that lasts for about 5 seconds and usually ends with her jumping on me. The other difficult thing is Sunday afternoon football. You may think this is funny but I was seriously ready to throw the tv out the window yesterday afternoon. It was a definite test of my patience. One which I failed. Usually I just let Shawn watch and Lydia and I find something else to do but since I'm stuck in the living room it was like cruel and unusual punishment. And the last issue is Lydia's bedtime. It's hard for me to spend the amount of time that she needs to get in her own bed and stay there and Shawn is not behind my cause at all. So last night I had her all tucked in, calmed down and I came downstairs to take my pills and within 30 seconds she was over in our bed. Shawn was exhausted and didn't feel like dealing with it so he just left her there. Ugh. I am ready for her to be in her bed all night! She did so well on Saturday but now we're going backwards again and I physically can't do anything about it. It drives me crazy. On a positive note she has kept her pull-up dry for two nights in a row. She really wants to wear panties to bed so this is very encouraging. I guess these are just normal frustrations when you are incapable of doing the things you normally do. I'm looking forward to my doctors appt tomorrow too. We have another ultrasound and possibly a nonstress test too. I'm expecting to hear good news- no change on the ultrasound.
Tomorrow is Lydia's birthday so I am hoping that Shawn will be able to make her cupcakes or something to take to Nita's tomorrow. Since I have to get up at 1 AM to take pills I will be able to celebrate her actual birth tonight. She was born at 1:04 AM. Maybe I'll wake Shawn to celebrate too, what do you think? I can't believe that it was 3 years ago that she was born. She was only 4 lbs 12 oz, she was such a peanut. She loves to hear stories about herself when she was a baby. Her favorite stories are about pooping and throwing up. Is that weird? She is so excited to be a big sister- I know she'll she be a great big sister. Let's just pray our kids don't have the same birthday!
Update on Shawn's forehead- It actually looked worse yesterday and today then it did when it happened. I would love to hear how he's going to explain this at work since he can't wear a hat to hide it. :)

1 comment:

Lynette Miller said...

Hey, Mel! Hope you don't go too crazy. Sorry you have bed rest. bummer! Praying for ya!