Friday, November 5, 2010

Day #3

Today is another day of fun filled tasks. I feel bad for my dad. He must be bored out of his mind but he doesn't complain. So far he has done some cooking, laundry, cleaning and lots of babysitting. What a guy. I wish we could do something but he says he doesn't mind. I think he and Lydia are going to do something fun tomorrow, maybe get ice cream or go to Build-a-Bear Workshop or something. I'm sure Lydia will enjoy it. She seems to be doing okay. There have been a lot of changes around here the last couple of days and she has had some moments when she is very tearful and clingy. She knows something is different but she hasn't figured exactly what is going on. For the most part she has been very good though. She likes to be a helper so we have been giving her little jobs to do around the house. She is good at putting some laundry away, picking up trash and throwing it away, picking up toys, helping take the mail out, helping cook, ect... when she is finished helping she often says something like "I'm a big girl, can I have a treat?" Thankfully we have lots of halloween candy. Bedtime is more of an issue than ever but we are working on some alternative solutions that should start tonight.
We also found out that our church is going to be bringing us meals from now through December and that is such a blessing. Dinner was one of my bigger concerns because I can't get up to cook and when Shawn brings Lydia home it's already 5:30 so there isn't much time for him to cook, especially because I can't watch Lydia to let him have uninterrupted cooking time. So we are very grateful. The other thing is that Forest Hills is full of GREAT cooks! We will be eating well I believe. We better be careful about this because if somebody volunteers to clean my house I may never want to get off bedrest. Just kidding.
Tasks Completed today-
1. Chick flick watched
2. Christmas cards Addressed (90%)
3. Florida trip cancellation- ongoing
Plus all the things Dad did (listed above).
Hope everybody is having a good day!

1 comment:

Davericka said...

Glad your church family is taking care of you guys! You know I would totally be there laying next to you watching chick flicks all day if I could! ; ) Thinking of you...